Monday, March 24, 2008

Basketball, Broadway & Bunnies

Our weekend started early - thanks to Good Friday (though I didn't technically have the day off, my good boss told me coming in was "up to me"...so of course I slept in, had breakfast with the other half, strolled into work around 11:30, stayed for 2 hours to get one or two things done, and took off to shop for the afternoon...I mean really, who wouldn't?). Brett got off on Thursday early - his half day allowed him to leave at 5:30pm!! I unfortunately didn't have a half day and headed straight from work to R.S. I came home to a husband on the couch, with feet up on the ottomon and some of this:



Yes, we do have an HD antenna, but we've never been able to get CBS with it. Brett would not stand for that during March Madness, so he went straight to Best Buy to take care of it. Now we have TWO antennas...we get CBS with this one, but not ABC or the CW. I guess between the two of them, we've got the main networks covered. I must admit, I wasn't so thrilled with the idea, but after strongly voicing my opinion, I came to grips with it and I'm sure glad that Brett has been able to enjoy his weekend off with lots and lots of basketball. And of course I didn't leave anything for dinner, so I should have guessed. All that remained was a pizza box lying on the floor with a couple of strings of cheese stuck to the inside. All Brett could say was, "What? Pizza and basketball." Too cute! I was just upset that he didn't even save me one slice...that's right, he ate the ENTIRE pizza by himself. I brought him home some desserts from R.S., but when he looked at them he said, "My stomach hurts a little." You think? After downing an entire pizza :)

Basketball really devoured our weekend...I wasn't as much into the games as how I was doing on my picks. In my family there are first, second and third place prizes for picks and I'm ALWAYS at the bottom of the todem pole. This year though, I'm holding my own and I root for whatever teams I picked.

Saturday we went out to look for apartment with a broker (yes, we've resorted to a broker so they can do some of the work for us). What a drag! We just want to find the perfect apartment - no more looking!!!! Soon enough, but in the meantime we'll keep chugging along.

After a morning trekking through the Upper East Side, we continued to celebrate Brett's birthday with a matinee performance of Phantom of the Opera. I saw it when I was little, so I don't remember much of it. We enjoyed it, though we wished that we had gone in knowing the story a bit better. The music and cast were phenomenal. Yes, my childhood dream of being a Broadway star lives on! I brought my camera to document the occasion, but much to my chagrin (and much to Brett's joy), the battery was exhausted.

Sunday morning the Easter bunny found us - mmm, some tasty treats landed in our basket (but not too many so as not to "blow up like my Aunt Roberta" - name that movie)! We enjoyed a good block of church meetings and then a bit of basketball before heading over to have Easter dinner with some friends. We were in charge of bringing dessert, so I put my Martha Stewart skills to the test. I realized very quickly that I am no Martha Stewart - it didn't quite look like this:

Ok, so it looked nothing like that. But supposedly they tasted good - though everyone may have just been obligated to say that. I thought they were fine, but of course the cooks opinion really doesn't count!
All in all, a good Easter weekend. The only thing that would have made it better - pictures! I can't believe I slacked on some serious scrapbooking opportunities!

1 comment:

The Tylkas said...

HAppy Late Easter to you too! Hope you guys had a great time. Lots of love!