Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Leaving, on a jet plane...

Poor Brett has been leaving on a jet plane for the past 24 hours. What a nightmare of a flying experience he has had over the past day. He missed the first day of his three day conference. Let's say that just about everything that could have happened did. I'll spare you the details, but after a missed flight last night, a cell phone left behind in the car, a delayed flight this morning that caused a missed connection, a flight back to LGA, a car ride from LGA to JFK, and 5 hours waiting in the airport, he is en route to Bermuda. Only one day late. Pobrecito! On a good note, I got to see him last night, even if only for a few hours! And now it's only two days until I get to see him again. I head out to Bermuda on Thursday evening (and yes, I am planning on leaving extra early for the airport just in case). Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, just Brett and I on a tropical island enjoying the sun, more warmth than I've experienced in at least 5 months, maybe a bit of snorkeling, or golf, or scooter-riding, swimming, sleeping in and all the other luxuries of our resort. Here's a taste of what is to come:

1 comment:

Lynette said...

That is the life, sun and sand while here we slog away in rain and snow again today. Have fun!