Thursday, March 13, 2008

The little things!

It's 8:15, still at work and destined to be here for a while yet. I've been running around all day and at 3:45 just needed a little pick-me-up. So, I indulged! I took the quarter from my pocket, walked right over to the candy dispenser and got myself a quarters worth of peanut M&Ms (my favorite...don't even bring the plain ones near me, true M&Ms have peanuts)! After a conversation with a co-worker a while ago about the net yield of M&Ms from one quarter versus paying the 85 cents at the vending machine for a full pack, I started counting. Up until today my record was 11 M&Ms from one quarter (a much better deal than one small pack for 85 cents). Today, a new record was set...12 tasty peanut M&Ms just for me! Mmmm! I savored every last one of them! The new record and the chocolatey, peanuty goodness made my day!
Now back to work...

P.S. Reading back through this post, I realize I sound like a child. Saving my quarters so I can get a little treat when the ice cream man goes by. Though one too many fun dips ruined the ice cream man experience for me. Although, on second thought, those clown popsicles with bubble gum eyes were tasty. Mmm...wish there was an ice cream man in New York...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Your post made me want to make a comment and now I can't remember what that comment was going to be! So, I will just say hello!