Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March 18th

For the past four weeks, March 18th has been branded into my forehead. All I was working for was to make it successfully to this day. As I type, the "mucky mucks" (as my mom would call them) are up in "the penthouse" in an all-day meeting with a very important client (so important she was flown in on a corporate jet and her security is down in the lobby). I've been working like crazy along with my team to put this whole meeting together. We've had many long hours (weekends included) and late nights bringing things to life. The run through yesterday went relatively well, with only minor last minute changes. Leaving at 9:45pm last night was much welcomed considering that we all assumed we'd be here well into the wee hours of the morning. It's my first quiet day in a while and I'm anxious for 5:15pm to roll around so I can hear how it all went (of course, I'm sure it will roll off without a problem) and then head right out the door and get some good sleep. For at least the past week, I've had multiple nightmares each night about all of the reels I've put together for this meeting, etc. I'm looking forward to sweet dreams now!
At about 10:15 this morning as I sat down to catch up on all the work I've neglected, I was pleasantly surprised to find our group admin walk over with a beautiful arrangement of flowers (from my boss' boss' boss) just for me in appreciation of all the work I've done. So sweet! It made the 70+ hour weeks worth it! (Well, the senior exposure I received over the past weeks was also an added bonus to the project). Now all I have to do is clean my house (which has been harshly neglected over the past few weeks) so the flowers have a fitting home for the next few days...maybe tomorrow!
P.S. I'll have to post pictures of the final set-up of the room once I grab them from our admin. It is a sight to behold!

No comments: