Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm so excited! I just can't hide it!

There are some indescribable moments of joy in life and today provided one of them. Congratulations to my sister for matching in York, PA!!!! She matched for her ER residency at her top pick! Of course, I'm not surprised because she's just so incredible and is always on top - everyone loves her and the York ER Residency program is so lucky to have her! We've all been waiting for this moment for a long time now and as I opened the text message, I felt as if I was opening a mission call again! Truth be told, I cried at the news and then again at the email her husband sent out with pictures. It's great news, but what makes it even greater is the fact that now she'll be a mere 177 miles from NYC (3 short hours by car)! Brett and I have been trying to convince any of our siblings to move out east and join us. We made a valiant effort with Becky and Ben, but to no avail. At long last, we'll actually have family we can visit more than once or twice a year. Kirsten and I have already had a conversation this afternoon about our monthly visits. Now there will be family to spend holidays with and we can regularly see their little wee in its first years of life. Just in case you wanted to see how very close they'll be, I mapquested the route!
And here are a couple of pictures documenting the event. That smile on her face is just priceless! Look out York, Kirsten, Kyle and little wee are on their way!
Kirst, I'm so proud of you! You definitely deserve this! And I look forward to all the memories we'll create in the upcoming years!

No comments: