Thursday, January 03, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!

Mom, that post title is for you :) We are back from Italy and have hit the ground running in 2008. I promise there will be pictures, videos and updates of the past few weeks coming soon (when I have a second to breathe). In the meantime, I didn't want to leave 2007 behind without a shout out to some of my favorite moments and memories of the year:

  • marrying the love of my life
  • having the perfect wedding day - thanks mom, dad, katherine and kari...you were the reason it turned out perfect
  • honeymooning in Mexico
  • seeing my sister sealed to her hubby - Kyle you make her SO happy!
  • spending a few days with my new sisters-in-law at the 1st annual scrapaway (looking forward to upcoming ones)!
  • discovering Pinkberry
  • Brett's unexpected job offer - it's been a blessing
  • Thanksgiving in Vegas - there's nothing like being surrounded by family and enjoying some good old home-cooked meals
  • camping in Western PA
  • a spontaneous weekend in CT
  • visits from Becky & Ben, Kirsti, and Kirsten & Kyle
  • starting a new job that has provided more opportunity for growth
  • spending a beautiful 8 days in Italy - just Brett and I - and seeing what I've only ever seen in books
2007, you will be missed!

So as not to make 2008 jealous of its predeccesor (I wouldn't want 2008 to start out mad at me), I also wanted to welcome in the new year. You have the opportunity to be just as great! This year I am much looking forward to:

  • a little more time with Brett!
  • our one-year anniversary (any suggestions on a weekend getaway location for May?)
  • celebrating Brett's accomplishments at Penn with the formal graduation in May (along with his parents)
  • my sister's graduation from medical school on June 6th (and the birth of baby Gee shortly thereafter)
  • a visit from my family in NYC in June - can't wait!
  • my brother coming home from the mish in Brazil in August
  • a holiday (don't know which one yet) together with all of my family - it's been a while since we've all been together
  • finishing "thank you" cards from the wedding...sorry to all those who haven't yet received one...it's not because we're not grateful, just bad time managers and working too many hours in this crazy city
  • getting up earlier in the morning to enjoy some quiet time to myself before work (maybe that's one of my resolutions)
  • warmer weather in the spring and summer
  • waking up next to Brett every morning and enjoying our first full year
  • cooking more (I started getting lazy toward the end of 2007 and following the NYC trend of eating out/ordering in)
  • learning something new - I'm thinking the violin, what do you think?
  • upgrading to a one bedroom apartment (as much as I love our studio, it's time)

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're waiting for the violin concerto! We're happy to see 2007 leave and looking forward to NO WEDDINGS in 2008! Glad everyone's found their true loves (well except Kenny and Kari, their time will come)

Love,
Mom & Dad

The Tylkas said...

I can't wait to see pictures from your trip. Hope you had a great Christmas! Let's talk soon! Love ya lots.