Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our First Thanksgiving

Though Brett and I have shared a Thanksgiving together once before, this is our first Thanksgiving as the Gibsons. We took a whirlwind trip to Vegas to spend it with his entire family. We had tons of fun and wish that we could have extended the trip a bit more, but alas, there are finals to study for :) There is definitely a lot to be grateful for this year. Let me list some of those with pictures.

Baking with the family (oh how I miss this). I made pie crusts for the first time in my life (they turned out rather well if I do say so myself). Vance is the quite the baker there with his apple pie complete with an apple shaped piece of pie crust on the top.

Quiet time to relax and read with family (and pose for a picture in between). Note: Brett pointed out that his book looked harder than the kids' books...Brett, look at you all grown up and reading big kids books!
Going back to the simple life and entertaining oneself with children's toys...Brett was mesmorized by the magnetic color maze (Eve and Anna seemed to be quite into it as well).
Brett was so proud of himself he had to take a picture of his completed maze! I'm definitely grateful for a husband that has such skill :)
Persistence to not just follow through once, but a second time.
Our physical well-being that allows us to enjoy a good ole turkey bowl to work up an appetitie for the delectable dinner that awaits.

Here's the team of "young" guys planning their strategy. Brett was drawing the plays in the grass with a stick.

And here they all all ready to kick some trash after half time.

The whole gang - 1 dad, 1 son, 5 sons-in-law, 1 grandson.

Check out Brett's pass...Riley almost had him, but not quite.

For cute little girls like Tessa that just put a smile on your face every time you see them!

For all of the yummy food - especially these pies (I had a sliver of just about all of them...mmmm)! I mean really, God could have made food bland so that we would just eat to survive, but out of his love for us, he let us enjoy delicious tastes - sweet and savory.

For Angie and all the time, effort and love that she put in our Christmas tree quilt. And for Riley for letting me teach him how to tie a quilt.

Honestly, at this point in my life (just like at any other moment) I have so much to be grateful for. I definitely feel blessed that Brett and I were both raised in homes with good, loving parents who taught us well. And the fact that they created homes in which their children would want to always return and spend time with one another. I'm grateful to live in a country that affords me so much freedom. I'm so incredibly blessed with the best friends I could ask for. I cherish the memories I've shared with you whether our paths have briefly crossed or we've shared many a day together. Most of all, I'm thankful for a loving husband who is so good to me, never gives up on me, accepts me for who I am, helps me as I journey to become all that I hope, inspires me, teaches me and just plain loves me. What a beauty that we have an eternity to spend growing together!

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Kris, looks like you guys had a great time! You look wonderful and hope you have a great holiday season!

The Tylkas said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of time there for all that you did together. I hope you're doing well. talk to you soon. Love you!