Monday, November 12, 2007

An Abundance of Updates

So I really have no excuse for not updating this past week since I took the week off between jobs. But that's precisely a reason not to blog - no cares in the world, not even blogging!

Just for fun, here's a re-cap of the last week.

Last Monday: Worked late, as always. Ran home to finish making "Heavenly Tidibits" to give to some co-workers in appreciation for all they'd taught me in the past year. Stayed up way too late, but hey, I knew there was an end in sight. And after all, I wanted to leave a good taste in their mouths :)
Last Tuesday: Last day of work. Mixed feelings - sad to say goodbye, but was looking forward to time off and excited for the new opportunity and challenge ahead. Trained my replacement and in true Kristi-Lynn fashion left on my last day after 7pm!

This is Ladies Row! All seven us of along this row were female and came to be known as Ladies Row. Luckily my replacement is a girl, so the legacy can live on :) I am in the way back...I posted the picture with my friends more in the forefront since you all know what I look like. I miss those girls!Last Wednesday - Friday: Tried to do as little as possible - ok, that's a lie. You all know I am incapable of doing nothing. No matter how free I am, I always manage to keep myself busy enough to be stressed :) So, what did I do? Well, caught up on a few of my favorite morning talk shows, enjoyed a couple long phone calls to catch up with friends and fam, deep-cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, manicure/pedicure (awww yeah!), grocery shopping all the way down at Union Square at Trader Joes (I forget how much I love that place), wrote thank you cards (sad that I still have more to write), sent out a few long overdue packages to family with some little presents, stayed in my pj's until at least noon (you don't get to do that very often with a working life), made some meals (that's a luxury for me now considering that the only time I really have to cook is on the weekends), and I'm sure I did a ton more but can't think of it right now.

Last Saturday: Brett and I spent the day together. He found out that since Monday was Veteran's Day and the bond market was closed, he had a half day Friday and all of Monday off. So, he worked a little longer on Friday so he wouldn't have to go in again until Tuesday (though he did have to go in tonight unfortunately for a last minute thing that came up). The highlight of the day was going to the Chocolate Festival. It was a three day event here in the city where a bunch of chocolate vendors from all over the world set up booths and handed out free samples. We tried a little bit of everything and oh my were we ever chocolated out by the end of that! We tried some of the best (and worst) chocolate! To all you chocolate lovers: if you come out here for the festival next year, I'll be happy to join you (I think by then I'll like chocolate again)! Brett and I each picked our favorite thing and bought some to savor once the chocolate hangover had passed :)

This is the pure white chocolate Statue of Liberty...mmm, tasty!
Mary's Chocolates of Japan showed us how it all came to be. Talk about handmade!
So they had all these manequins with outfits made of chocolate (only in the fashion capital of the world). Here I am posing like the one to my left. The one on my right was wearing a wedding dress made of white chocolate. It was sweet (no pun intended).
Peanut Butter & Co. has some of the craziest kinds of Peanut Butter. It's in NYC so we'll have to visit when you come out. Brett found a fast friend :)
From the Chocolate Festival we went to Stake Conference and on the way home we walked through Rockefeller Center where we saw them getting the tree all ready for the lighting ceremony at the end of the month. I saw a video of them cutting down the tree a few days ago. It's huge!
Yesterday: We went to Stake Conference in the morning where we got a new Stake Presidency. It was a neat meeting. Then we went home and packed a few things before heading uptown a few blocks to pick up our rental car. We drove (I love the freedom of a car!) up to New London, CT where we stayed at the cutest little place, The Lighthouse Inn. We enjoyed a beautiful evening together (something we don't get to do often). There wasn't much traffic through the Inn, so we were well taken care of. Our romantic dinner in their dining room was all about us (since the only other guests there finished their dinner a few minutes after we sat down). :)

Our cute little room. I always wanted a canopy bed (maybe not a lace canopy, but still)!
Today was our 6 month anniversary so this was part of our celebration. Hey, six months is a pretty big mark, right? Like Patty & Vance always tell us...if you can make it six months, you can make it an eternity!
Today: We enjoyed a leisurely morning before heading out to see the fall colors and shop at some of the greatest outlets! On the way out from New London, we picked up two lobsters to enjoy tonight for dinner (part 2 of our anniversary celebration). Never cooked a lobster before, but since the nice man at the store steamed it for us, I didn't have to worry about watching the poor lobster steam to death and figure out how long to do that. All I did was heat it up and make a wonderful lemon/garlic butter to dip it in. It was pretty tasty!

The fall colors outside of our hotel.

I have been eyeing this jacket for a long time! I've seen it in the window at J. Crew and online. I've looked at it almost daily (ok, maybe more like weekly) for the past few months hoping that it would go on sale. The high price wasn't budging, so I was beginning to come to grips with the fact that I might never find it in my closet. The jacket had a different plan :) Thanks to the J. Crew outlet, my jacket and I have been united! It was on sale at the outlet plus when I paid for it there was an additional 30% off. Talk about a deal! I left that store very happy!

I had also been eyeing this headband (in a different pattern) and got a killer deal on it as well. I love you J. Crew outlet!

Just getting ready to heat up the lobsters. I really didn't think they were disgusting but had to make some kind of a face for the picture.

2 comments:

Piquantly Parisian said...

Sounds like an exciting week. (And those cookies look amazing. Why didn't I get one?!)

I hope your first day at the new job went well!

The Tylkas said...

I'm so glad you got to have a great weekend!! Just think Thanksgiving is just around the corner and even though it'll be a fast trip it'll be time you get to spend together. Hope today went well! I love ya lots.