Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sight-seeing in NYC! This past week and weekend, my mom and sister were out visiting. Needless to say, I did a lot of the touristy stuff here in the city. I went straight from work to the attractions around town. By the end of the night I was exhausted! Subways and buses are great, but there still remains a lot of walking after the commute. So what did we do...we got to have some real New York pizza, see Tarzan on Broadway (which I thoroughly enjoyed), I won 2 $25 front-row lottery tickets to Wicked, so they got to see that...oh so much that we got to do. I surprised my mom and took her to a famous cafe from the movie You've Got Mail. She loved it and we all shared some tasty treats. I had egg creme (which I didn't like too much)--my grandma used to get some for 5 cents on the way home from school when she was little girl growing up in the Bronx. We got to eat dinner in Little Italy where we met some crazy romantic Italians and a friendly waiter from Argentina. When he heard I had been there for a year and a half, we became fast friends. We made our way to Canal Street (the garment district of NYC) and bought some cool, cheap stuff. Saturday we enjoyed a day of NYC rain. Even with the rain we got to take the Circle Line to Liberty Island to visit Ms. Liberty and Ellis Island. Sunday morning took us to the Brooklyn Bridge...we walked across it and Kirst and I sang the tunes of Newsies...It was so fun to have them here. So, rather than bore you with the details...take a look at some of the pictures!

No comments: