Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ok, sorry it's been so long! My life is beginning to reflect New York--fast, busy, and just like the Energizer battery it keeps going and going and going... Let's just start from where we left off. My first few days on the job consisted of lots of training meetings and a ton of reading up on American Express. What about my first weekend in NYC--that would be last weekend. Well, Friday night wasn't all that exciting. I met up with some friends after they had gone to dinner and we went to The Magnolia Bakery, a little bakery here known for its famous cupcakes and other baked goods. The line was out the door and around the corner which intrigued me even more. So I waited and got a cupcake and tried their banana pudding. It was pretty good, but to pay $1.75 for a cupcake like that isn't really my style. After all, I'm not a fan of store bought frosting. Now I hear that I have to try The Cupcake Cafe. So, after venturing to the cute little bakery, I ended up sitting on a bench on Broadway with some friends, just admiring the city. Saturday was my first trip to the beach on the east coast. We took a train to Long Beach on Long Island. The day was overcast, but cleared up late in the afternoon. It was perfect. They say the water is warmer on this coast, but I beg to differ, it was FREEZING! As you can see from the pictures, I stayed right up on the shore! I think the beaches in Cali are better only because it is free to go. Here you have to pay just to get to the sand! What's that all about!

No comments: