Thursday, June 15, 2006

The First Two Days on the Job! So it is official. I work in an Ad Agency. I still really do feel like I should be in the movies. Today I am EXHAUSTED! Playing all night after work and then getting up the next day to work again is tiring, but you have to celebrate your first day on the job with some dessert! So, yesterday...here goes. I got to work early since I didn't know how long it would take during rush hour. In all honesty I wasn't very nervous. We got there, waited, had some training meetings in the morning at which they served us breakfast. I was happy to eat for free! Before lunch we found out the accounts we would be on. Take a wild guess what account I am on... Ok, American Express--U.S. Cards. Ogilvy has a ton of AmEx accounts, mine focuses on the different cards that they offer. So all the advertising you see for the Clear Card, the Blue Card, the One Card, the Jet Blue Card, the Gold Card, etc. , that's all my account. I met some of the people on the account and went to lunch with two of the managers on the account. They took me to a Mexican Restaurant right outside of the office in the Worldwide Plaza called Blockheads. It was fabulous and even more so because they paid. The lunch was nice...we talked about the account and got to know each other. They seemed excited to hear that I don't have anymore school left (could that mean there are job opportunities). So, one of the guys on the account is Tyler, a BYU grad. He went to lunch with us and has been at Ogilvy for 10 months. He makes me feel right at home. Yesterday ended mainly in meetings and group things. The interns divided into five groups and went on a photo scavenger hunt around the city taking pictures of answers to Ogilvy related clues. It was a blast and tiring at the same time. The end of the day came quick. I loved it! Today was hard after a late night last night, but I managed and enjoyed getting to work a little bit more on the account. I had training about half the day and then the other half consisted mainly of getting familiar with the account. How cool is this? I got to watch a stack of DVD's of the latest TV commercials run for AmEx as well as other promotional events. Then I got to read through the strategies of the campaigns and look at all the print work! It was thoroughly entertaining. I am going to know more about American Express than I ever thought possible by the time this is over! I'm out for now...tonight is an early one for me!

No comments: