Wednesday, January 05, 2011

So much catching up to do, as has been the case for the past 10+ years.  Some day I'll be caught up, right?  We have SO many pictures to sort through from the past little while.  New Years resolution #4: get caught up on one photography project each day.  I digress.  We enjoyed a warm Christmas in Hawaii celebrating my little (in age, definitely not in height) brother's college graduation and landed in NYC just as the blizzard started.  

This has got to be one of, if not the, favorite pictures of the trip.  That's my Grandma Ruth - 86 years old, still sporting a swimsuit at the beach (along with the perfectly cane shaped piece of driftwood she found).  When we went to Houston to visit her back in April, she got down and did push-ups for us - she puts me to shame in push-up contests.  We agreed that we'd take it easy in Hawaii though. 

This pose she calls 'What I learned from President Hinckley.'  She's adorable and I love her!


5 comments:

The Tylkas said...

I love this pic

Dolphin Girl said...

Great picture of a great grandma!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

This is the best picture by far. I've heard so much about this grandma. Can't wait to see you guys soon and catch up on how your Holidays went. Happy 2011!

Cocoa Lover said...

What a fabulous picture, definitely one of my favorites from the trip. She IS a grand woman!

eyre blog said...

what a blast this picture (and your grandma Ruth) is! Thanks for sharing.