Sunday, January 09, 2011

Potty Training: Attempt 1

Sadie's had a little potty for a while now, just so she could be comfortable with it.  Her little friend Madeleine, who hangs here with her while I work 3 days a week, conquered the potty a few months ago.  Naturally, wanting to be just like her friend, Sadie's been asking a lot about using the potty.  And when they ask, you seize the day, no?

Case in point (taken December 3, 2010)

I of course waited until we got back from Hawaii to save myself the trouble of two 10+ hours flights with a newly potty trained (& very independent) toddler.  Enter Friday - it's cold, my sister still hasn't had her baby (so we won't be heading out to PA), Sadie seems ready, and daddy conveniently has a business trip starting Sunday so why not confine ourselves to the house?  Isn't it the perfect time to potty train?  Being the optimistic mom that I can be (since Sadie's made motherhood seem like a piece of cake), I think 'How bad can it be?'  We head to pick out some 'big girl panties' and begin the process.

Day 1: (we started post-nap): 0 successes, 2 accidents, one discouraged toddler and one very discouraged mom
 
Day 2: 1.5 successes, countless accidents, one discouraged toddler and two discouraged parents.  Ready to give up?  Yes!

Day 3: 2 huge successes (both of the #1 and #2 variety), 0 accidents thus far (it's only 1:30 though and 3 hours of that was spent at church in a pull-up that was wet by the end of the block even with 2 tries on the potty), one happier toddler and one proud (and hopeful) mom.  Not giving up just yet.  Though, if I never have to potty train another child, I'll be happy.  People hire help for this kind of thing, right? :)

10 comments:

Cocoa Lover said...

OK that is just hilarious, wish I could have hired help for my five potty trained cuties, oh well, it really isn't that bad. What a cute face.

Bethany said...

Potty training is by far my least favorite part of motherhood so far. Yuck. Hate it.

I did see a special about some lady who potty trains kids for their parents. She lived in Chicago. Maybe you need to take a trip to IL. :)

Good luck and know that I totally sympathize with all the woes that come with this lovely stage of life.

Unknown said...

hahahaha I love her crying on the toilet! for only doing it for a few days she's getting the hang of it! Smart girl.

Mary Millet said...

too cute!! It may be cruel, but I love the crying picture! It's so precious! I find it ironic that the woman who was so reluctant to go pee is now teaching her daughter when to go... :)

Anonymous said...

shes so dam hot mmmm

Anonymous said...

I got a stiffy

Anonymous said...

Hell Yeah she is

Anonymous said...

So hot I would rape her tight little pussy and ass so hard

Anonymous said...

Me to i want her asshole id love to hear her cry and beg for me to stop while i fuck her ass so hard ill use that ass as a toy girl

Anonymous said...

Lets get together and gangfuck her at once make her take all of our cocks little girls and hard dicks are so perfect