Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Looking forward to...

  • fall...the crisp mornings, the leaves changing, apple picking, wearing sweaters, and everything else that comes with the season (look out, California girl is turning east coast...I never thought I'd love the seasons like I'm starting to)
  • meeting baby girl G...I'm so curious to know what she looks like and get to know her personality more than by her kicking
  • having a waist again! In my dreams I imagine that the baby will come and all of a sudden I'll be back to my old body. If only that were true, but let me at least dream about it for a few more days until reality sets in!
  • wearing fall clothes (and especially non-maternity ones)...I feel like I'll have so many more options
  • introducing baby girl G to shopping the sales around the city...I haven't loved shopping like I used to over the past 9 months...looking forward to loving it again and teaching my little girl to appreciate (and spot) a good deal!
  • running in Central Park...I've had oh so many desires lately to go and workout but alas, by the time I arrive home my exhaustion (and belly) get the best of me
  • spending time with Brett and baby girl G at home...our time off has always consisted of going somewhere...this time we'll get some time at home together...a little time off for him right when she's born and then some more time once grandmas and grandpas have spoiled us with help
  • having a few weeks with my mom to learn all that she knows about motherhood (she's a pro)...it's not often that you get one-on-one time with mom in a family of five

Now if I only had time to nest...I'm ready (got tons of projects I want to do in my head and almost as many written on endless lists around the house), but by the time I get off work at night my nesting energy is spent.

2 comments:

The Tylkas said...

I can't wait to see her too! I remember with Korban working till the last minute and feeling the same way. I would just lay on the couch practically the second I got home from work! I'm thinking of you!

The Lloyd Family said...

Hooray, the finishing stretch! It's an amazing feeling to meet your little one(s) for the first time. I'm so excited for you!