Thursday, September 04, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

These two cute lovebirds celebrate their 32nd anniversary today! How fitting that this morning on the Today show, there was a segment about 'beating the marriage odds' in this day and age. The couple featured on the segment had been married for 27 years. If they've beat the odds (and they didn't even have kids), than my parents have done much better than that with 5 years and 5 kids on the other couple!
I'm grateful for the example my parents have given me over the course of their marriage (or at least since I've been part of the family). I can honestly say that I never really saw them fight, raise their voices at one another, or demean the other. I love that they always tried to be on the same page and though at times I would have loved to have been able to count on one of them giving into me when I knew the other one wouldn't, they were just so good about making sure that they both agreed before allowing anything. They gave me a home that a little kid could only dream of. And now I just hope that I can follow their example and be half the parent to my little ones that they have been to me.
Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! Here's to at least 32 more!

No comments: