Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where did manners go?

The most disgusting (ok, well I guess there are more disgusting things, but it was definitely up there) happened yesterday. It was a good day at work and things ended on a very positive note. So, I decided to walk up to Grand Central to catch the train so that a) I could enjoy a little walk on a beautiful summer evening and b) I could chat with my family on the phone and share the good news of the day. And so I did - I walked to Grand Central, all along talking with first my mom, then my dad. Upon arriving at Grand Central I headed down to the horrifically hot and humid subway tunnels (nothing out of the ordinary). I proceeded to wait about 15 minutes for a subway to come, all the while the station was getting more and more crowded. By the time a subway arrived we were all squeezing into the subway car because we wanted to be on that train. I was sandwiched between various people, unable to move even my arms. Just as the train was leaving the station, the girl standing RIGHT in front of me sneezed. That's not bad except for the fact that her sorry attempt to cover her nose and mouth was quite weak and the entire sneeze ended up IN MY FACE! I was SO disgusted and wanted to vomit in her face, but I have more class than that! However, it put me in such a bad mood. I mean really, how hard is it to have manners?!?!?! I swore I could feel myself getting sick, so after sounding off about it to my sister and then my mom, I rushed to the store and loaded up on citrus fruits and some OJ.

The things that we put up with in NYC!

1 comment:

Dolphin Girl said...

That is so completely disgusting, I can't even think about it! AUGH!!! YUCK YUCK YUCK! I am so glad you survived it!