Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Obsessed!

Brett and I are officially obsessed with 24 and our hero Jack Bauer. We got hooked on the show thanks to our NetFlix subscription and once we begin a new season, we just can't seem to do anything else. We literally, eat, work, watch 24 and throw in a little bit of sleep here and there. Movies put me to sleep, but rarely does the thought even occur to fall asleep when I'm watching my good friend Jack Bauer save the world. Monday night we finished season 6 - thank goodness there are no more seasons, now we can actually get something done. But honestly, Jack Bauer is absolutely amazing - he really is our hero.

I have yet to see seasons 1 and 2 since Brett had already seen them and introduced me to it beginning with season 3. But never fear, I have some baby recovery time and as such, Jack Bauer and I have some dates lined up for October!

Note: Brett and I have noticed how the characters in 24 never say 'bye' when they hang up the phone. We decided to try it out...it's hard, go ahead, give it a whirl!

5 comments:

The Tylkas said...

that's funny...I remember when Troy's family got me into 24. I think it was around season 2. Can't wait for the next season even if it's not till winter.

Karene said...

When I was 18 and in Norway, all the other kids kept asking my why Americans never say "bye" when hanging up the phone. They said they never do on TV or in movies...I guess it's an american cinema thing

Anonymous said...

HI :) this is Ashlie Haskin, "tu mama" de la mision :) I know what it's like to cross the line where you can actually feel pregnant and not just "fat" :) I am a slacker! I need to take more pictures. I'm 22 weeks and haven't taken a single one of my belly. No naked belly ones for me though.. :)
It's fun to check in once in a while and see how you're doing! :)

Preethi said...

Yeah, Jack Bauer is the hero of the world. I can't wait for January to roll around for the new season so I can get Dan totally into it.

Side note: I'm slightly bitter that Brett refused to join our weekly 24 parties, but I'm happy to know his lovely wife has enlightened him. ;)

Anonymous said...

That is Craig's favorite show too--and he even gets me sucked into it! Pretty fun!