Monday, May 05, 2008

Things to be grateful for...

1. A beautiful apartment that came through at the last minute (4pm the day before we had to move...talk about cutting it close)!

2. Bubble wrap and Mov Eze plastic wrap that made packing so much easier and left all of my things unharmed after the move (at least as of this morning there were no casualties).

3. Friends (both old and new and even my seminary kids) who sacrificed their energy and Wednesday afternoons/evenings to help us move and clean our old apartment.

4. My cute husband who has made time during his busiest season of the year to be home in the evenings and around for the move and the weekends before and after to make it all possible! He has worked tirelessly to get things unpacked and organized, even when I'm too tired to help (and subsequently slip into the bedroom for a two-hour nap while he works away)! He's been good to me and the place is looking great - finally starting to feel like a home! Thanks Brett for making the time and choosing us!

5. Fabulous girlfriends who have volunteered their time to come help me unpack, organize and decorate. Thanks Janers, you're the best! Mindy, can't wait to see you tonight!

6. Good friends (they're pretty much family) in Jersey who were ready and willing to let us stay there as long as we needed if things had fallen through. Thanks Scot and Ellen for checking up on us!

7. Delivery in NYC! I can have everything from groceries and all my purchases at Bed, Bath and Beyond (and pretty much any other store) to laundry/dry cleaning delivered right to my door so that the strong delivery guys can carry it all up the four flights of stairs and spare me the exhaustion of lugging those heavy things up the stairs. (I sound like a total wus, but really, I'm not...I lugged quite a few groceries up myself on Saturday, but when someone else can do it, why not let them have the opportunity to serve)!?!?!?

8. A kitchen to cook in again! I didn't realize how much I missed cooking until I had a kitchen back. I'm absolutely sick of ordering in after two weeks of it! This weekend once things were unpacked in the kitchen, I cooked away and boy did it feel good!

9. Doors! As much as I loved our cute studio (it really was a perfect starter apartment), I am SO glad to have more room and doors to separate the space. Now Brett can get ready in the morning without waking me up and I can stay up late to prep for seminary without hearing him say, "It's too bright in here, I can't sleep!" and then having to go finish my lesson prep in the bathroom so he can sleep.

10. Sleeping with a comforter. We previously lived right above the boiler and no matter what time of year it was, it was HOT as hay in the apartment. Now our place gets chilly and there is nothing better than snuggling up under a warm down comforter - it just provides for a better sleep.

11. Perfect HD reception. Now we get all of the network stations and then some - all for free!

12. Getting back to "the best of times" and the feeling of being on top of the world again!

*More updates on the move to come with pictures and all.

2 comments:

The Tylkas said...

I'm so so glad everything worked out. I can't wait to see pictures of the place. Call me whenever you get the chance!

Anonymous said...

See what happens when you pay your tithing! :)