Saturday, December 15, 2007

Belated Birthday, Early Christmas

I must have the cutest husband in the world. He has been planning a gift for a while now and it finally got all put together. He was so excited to give it to me and since it was a belated part of a birthday gift and an early Christmas present to be shared with family and friends, I got to open it last night. The picture should tell all!
He did SUCH a good job and oh boy, I just can't wait to try out the tasty recipes in my new 'everything I need to know about sushi' book. My sister Kirsten and her husband Kyle will be here for a few days this week, so we're looking forward to a homemade sushi dinner one night. And for any of you that love sushi as much as I do (Margs, that's you), you're invited over. Brett, thanks for the thoughtful gift. It will enjoy many uses in the upcoming years. I love you!

1 comment:

Margi said...

sorry, I haven't checked blogs in a while. LOVE this present Brett. Now if only it came with a ticket for me to visit...Let me know how it turns out. Don't get discouraged the first time you try making it. The best rice I've found is Nishiki rice, very sticky!