Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peach Picking 2011


We've been doing the apple picking thing for a few years now, but just last year discovered all the fun summer fruits and veggies to be had.  So, yesterday we rented a car and headed out for the day.  As part of my birthday present, Brett had scheduled me a prenatal massage at a salon near the farm so while he and Sadie explored the area, I indulged.  Then we headed to the farm to pick.  I think we did it backwards because after trekking around the farm, I was ready for another massage!  

Last year, little city girl Sadie wouldn't walk through the orchards because the leaves would touch her feet (how dare they) and she would just hold her arms up with a helpless 'rescue me' look on her face.  This year, was totally different - she came out 100% dirty, 100% happy and 200% exhausted (exacerbated by the lack of a nap).  She was quite the helper, though after picking a handful of peaches, she decided collecting sticks was much more fun.  

In addition to peaches, we checked out the raspberries (which were unfortunately very picked over) and then when our friends arrived, we headed to the veggie garden.  I love city living, but it was SO nice to get out for a day.








Baby boy @ 26 weeks







With BFF Madeleine

Can you tell it was the end of the day and someone was tired?  'I will not smile, I won't, I won't, I won't'

3 comments:

Cocoa Lover said...

With a face that cute, who needs a smile. Great pictures, even baby brudder helped. :)

Maren Romney said...

Those are some adorable pictures! She's going to love those when she's older.

Dolphin Girl said...

Her cousins love sticks too!