Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The proud new owner...

...of a Snuggie. I have been eyeing these for a while now. I admit the first time I saw the infomercial, I thought it was kind of stupid. But then one day, in the wee hours of the morning I was up cuddling a cute little baby. It was chilly inside and even chillier outside and I thought, "Those people were really onto something, I could really use one of those Snuggies!" Apparently the rest of the world agreed...they were impossible to find and on major back order via the internet. Then a package arrived at the office today. I can't wait to get home, put on shorts and a t-shirt (so that I'm extra cold), turn on The Biggest Loser (love that show), and cuddle my favorite little princess to sleep!

Thanks Mom for an early Valentine's present!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Hilarious! That sounds so wonderful. Thinking about cuddling with a little newborn almost makes me want another one... almost ... and then I remember that I would have to wrestle a preschooler and a toddler at the same time.

Tiki Warrior said...

Mmmm...looks like a "red monk" cloak. Do they have it in brown so I can be a Jedi?

Dolphin Girl said...

How was it? It looks so warm and comfy!

The Lloyd Family said...

That is SO funny! I laugh every time I see the informercial, but you know, necessity is the mother of invention, and it appears that perhaps a mother, like yourself, had the same experience as you did and thought, "I think I'll make a wearable blanket, and I think I'll call it a Snuggie!"

Karene said...

Did you see the AdAge article on these? Apparently they are selling like hotcakes. You lucky girl, you got the Elmo of grown-up gifts!

Sine family said...

I've seen these and wondered if they would be a good investment. So good to know it is that that you would recommend it.