Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Good List

When I was in the MTC (training center for missionaries...I was there for two months prior to going down to Argentina), I met a girl who kept a notebook that she titled 'The Good List.' Everyday she wrote down a handful of reasons to smile. It was a great way to accentuate the positive and remember the good things, especially on the tougher days.

This morning on the subway, I was reading a little section in 'Parenting' titled 'happiness handbook.' One of the suggestions was to 'remember the good things.' I love being able to look back at the list I made while in the MTC and Argentina and decided to start it up again. Every week I will post 'the good list' so I can remember just how good life is and capture these moments that are floating by all too fast!

'The Good List' 2.2.2009
  • the return of 24 and more importantly, itunes so that we can download and watch it when we miss it
  • family hugs!
  • the smell of a tasty roast as you walk in the door from church
  • watching Sadie discover her little voice
  • brand new towels
  • catching up with friends
  • freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
  • finishing a fantastic (if I do say so myself) presentation

3 comments:

The Lloyd Family said...

I agree with the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Oh, the days of walking across the street to the Nicholas home and entering from the garage to the smell of chocolate chip cookies coming out of the oven! Yum yum! Those were wonderful days. Thanks to the Nicholas's and their chocolate chip cookies making my childhood that much sweeter. :)

wendyhcd said...

what a great list. gratitude rocks. sounds like you're rockin' it at work, too. and i agree about catching up with friends being good. so, we should get together soon! what days/times work for you for me to come downtown for lunch?

Dolphin Girl said...

I just made chocolate chip cookies today! YUM-O