Saturday, August 09, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was the birthday of all birthdays...08.08.08!!! When I was little I remember always wishing that I had been born a few (and some) years later so my birth date could be 08.08.88. Oh the things we wish for when we're little! My other big wish was always that my name could be changed to either Stacy or Lisa. Thank goodness I got over that one and I got over those names too...no, our daughter will not be named either :)

Anyway, 08.08.08 was a fabulous day - how could it not be when you have the day off of work, the cutest husband, good friends and family that call to wish you well and the opening ceremonies of the summer Olympics?!?!?!

I was pretty excited to have a free morning to clean (I know, who says that? Growing up we looked forward to birthdays because it meant we didn't have to do dishes or any chores for that matter AND we got to sit in the front seat...which for me was a treat since I was never the oldest so I always ended up in the back...I guess my kids will never know the joys of the front seat on their birthday as long as we're in NYC.)

I also got to pamper myself with a pedicure from my favorite place around the corner from our old apartment. There's nothing like a good pedicure!!!

Brett got off of work early so we could spend the afternoon and evening together. He's always so thoughtful in his planning and also very good at themed gifts/celebrations. So here's a little documentation of present opening...



So the first two weren't themed, but everything else was. Brett thought he would be funny and wrap up his CFA books that just arrived for him to prep for the big December test...can you tell by the look on my face how amused I was? :)

By the time I get through those books, I'll be a professional photographer! Looking forward to testing my skills out on baby girl G!

After opening gifts we headed to the Met to check out their photography exhibit (notice the theme stringing through) and also a cool exhibit on the roof that we'd been wanting to check out.

Loved the view of the city from the roof!
Jeff Koons exhibit on the roof...
Then we headed to dinner at a favorite Japanese restaurant of ours before going back home to catch some of the opening ceremonies (I just love the Olympics!)

Enjoying our new gadget (yes mom, I was actually reading the directions before trying it out...I've learned my lesson time and time again!)
All in all it was a good birthday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Nice presents, you lucky girl you! I am jealous you got such a coolio camera. I can't wait for you to come out and take pictures of my cuties with it! :)

Bethany said...

What a fantastic camera! Happy Birthday!