Monday, February 04, 2008

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet

With the passing of President Hinckley has come much reflection. He is the prophet I have known best in my life. He has carried me through my youth, my mission, my single years, and the start of my marriage. I will always cherish his guidance and example. And I can only joy in his recent reunion with his wife - what a beautiful moment that must have been!

Thank you President Hinckley for teaching me how to stand a little taller. I have definitely pledged to BE because of you. I strive to emulate your positive outlook on life. Things do work out! President Hinckley you will be missed!

I look forward to sustaining President Monson. When I was little, my family would attend General Conference. We always talked about our favorite talk over dinner, so I knew that I had to at least pay attention to one. I always chose President Monson's talk. He was always able to sustain my attention with his stories. I look forward to his counsel in the upcoming years!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

We were watching the funeral on TV, and we thought that Brett was there- if he wasn't in SLC, in corner of the screen with the TV reporter from channel 5, he has a DOUBLE