Thursday, October 04, 2007

What I LOVE about New York

Just a taste of what I love about New York...
1. Central Park - whether it's running, walking, picnicing, exploring, bike riding, boating, taking pictures, I just love being in Central Park. It's SO beautiful!

2. Shopping - there are endless places to find the latest and greatest in fashion. Sometimes I venture into the cute boutique shops, but then I see the price tags and I think, "Never in a million years would I spend that much on one item of clothing, not even if I were a millionaire." There's just something about getting a great deal that makes you feel like you've really accomplished something :) And trust me, there are some definite deals to be found in this city.

3. Fruit stands on every corner - I probably love it because it takes me back to my days in Argentina. But I also just love having such easy access to fruits and veggies as I head to work, out for a break or home at night.

4. The abundance of nail salons to pamper yourself with great mani/pedi deals - enough said!

5. The best restaurants in the country - Brett and I love to try new places...you just can't go back to the same place even if it was fabulous cuz you just feel like you're shorchanging yourself.

6. Street fairs! - I just love finding random street fairs on the weekends and walking through to survey all the merchandise. Last weekend I walked through one after a run in the park and came home with a bonsai tree that looks a little like this one. Brett had been wanting a bonsai tree. Truth be told, we're having a hard time keeping it alive. Who thought it would be that hard? If we can't even keep a simple bonsai tree alive, I don't think we're ready to take the step to a child...haha!

7. Pinkberry - my oh my...this is one place I'll always go back to...mmm! The best ever...it's literal soft serve yogurt! I'm salivating just thinking about it. And how convenient that our apartment is just a few short blocks from the nearest one! For any of you Californians, you are the only other state privileged enough to house Pinkberry.

8. The East River - because that's our spot. Brett and I have shared some of our greatest memories on the East River. And I will forever LOVE New York because this is where I found my man!

Stay tuned for the list of opposites (i.e. what I definitely don't love about New York)

No comments: