Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My new favorite store!

I know, I've lived in New York for almost a year and a half and I just discovered the Container Store. How many times have I walked by it? How many times have I said that I was going to go in? Well, last night I finally ventured in. It was everything I dreamed it would be and oh so much more! If only I had an apartment bigger than 370 square feet, but alas I must be couped up in our not-so-spacious studio (don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...it could be worse and I'm more than grateful for our beautiful place). Anyway, I think I'm going to spend half of a Saturday getting lost in that store and planning for our first home outside the city. I could have just taken the displays right from the store and placed them in my home. Everything from the shelving to the vintage books, the closet organization to the adorable coats and dresses hanging inside...I could have taken it all. What did I walk out with though? Just some fun things to use for Martha Stewartly wrapping up cookies for Brett and I to take in to work in honor of National Boss Day. Check out the site though, there are some seriously great finds there.

My purchases included:

Some of these

And this (black & white)

And some homemade goodness stacked like this

All put inside to look something like this (you get the idea)

With a little homemade card to finish it off.

Happy Bosses Day!

2 comments:

Piquantly Parisian said...

The end product was so adorable. And the store really is amazing.

Lynette said...

Now why oh why couldn't I be your boss?