Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Moving up and moving on

I feel like the past year has been one of big news...

October 25, 2006 Start my first official job on Madison Avenue
October 27, 2006 The love of my life proposes to me
May 1, 2007 Our lease begins to our first home
May 12, 2007 I married my best friend
August 6, 2007 Brett receives and accepts a full-time position on Wall Street
October 24, 2007 I accept a job offer at a different agency

I put in my two weeks notice today at my current agency and will start at a new, thriving agency on November 13th. It's all very surreal. It feels a lot like transfers did in Argentina. You fall in love with the people and then just when things are comfortable, you find out you're leaving. You have mixed feelings, so sad to say goodbye and yet excited for what's to come (and the fact that you can start fresh). The moment you know you're leaving, you begin to see everything through different eyes. And that's how the past day or two have been. The agency looks a whole lot different when you know that in two weeks, life as you know it will change. One things for sure, I will miss the incredible friends I've made at Y&R and cherish all that I've learned. I look forward to the wonderful people I'll meet and the new beginning.
Check out my virtual congratulations bouquet :)

2 comments:

The Tylkas said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you.

Margi said...

Sounds like everything is going so well Honey, hooray for you!