Saturday, November 19, 2011

40 weeks + 1 day


Playing the waiting game is no fun, especially when your doctor has been telling you for months that he won't let you go past 39 weeks given the size of the baby.  My mom got here late Wednesday night.  Thursday we briskly walked up to Costco (~2.3 miles) in an attempted effort to get things going.  A few decent contractions while in Costco and then...nothing.  So we at least accomplished a huge stock up shop.  Yesterday brought with it my due date and another doctor's appointment (third one this week) with yet again a 'not today' response from the doctor.  So instead we headed to a nearby Indian restaurant and ordered the spiciest dishes that my incredibly weak mouth could handle because we figured that it couldn't hurt my chances of going into labor.  After which Brett and I took advantage of having grandma in town to hang with Sadie while we caught a performance of Billy Elliot before it closes in a few weeks.  This morning we enjoyed a family walk in our new neighborhood.  It's hard to imagine that our little family of three is soon going to be a family of four.  But if you ask me now, it feels like that just never may happen.


This afternoon my mom, Sadie and I headed to Chinatown to pick up a few hats for my little sister.  Sadie was in heaven modeling the hats for us and the creepy street vendors happily let her do so in hopes to sell lots of them.  We finished the night with a 3D movie in Times Square, one of Sadie's first movies in the theatre (I think the last one she went to was when she was 2 weeks old).  She was digging the 3D glasses and unlimited popcorn!




Love these two!

Love this picture! Big props to Brett on capturing this!


3 comments:

Cocoa Lover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cocoa Lover said...

We had sooooooo much fun. I remember taking that picture of you all. Great time!

Dolphin Girl said...

Nice last family picture as a family of 3. :))