Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Beginning of Our Happily Ever After

So, I know it's been almost 2 months since the event, but better late than never, right? The day I got back to work after almost 2 1/2 weeks off, I said to everyone, "I've been living my fairy tale for the past few weeks. It was perfect, just like in my dreams." And that is really how it was. Coming back to reality was a bit hard, but as everyone said to me, "It's just the beginning of your happily ever after." And so it is! Brett and I are so happy and love married life! It definitely started out well. It was so incredible to walk into the sealing room surrounded by family and close friends all dressed in white. I can't even begin to describe the feelings of that 30 minutes or so. In that moment, Brett and I were completely lost in the moment. I felt such a spiritual connection to him and could only begin to imagine the incredible eternity we have ahead of us. I also felt a huge sense of responsibility to take the best care of Brett and our future family so as to create the best relationships throughout eternity.

The reception was so much fun. My parents did an incredible job of transforming the Cultural Hall in the Stake Center into a beautiful reception. Really, it was just perfect. I was able to be with the people I loved. I saw so many old friends, I only wish I could have been able to spend a little bit more time catching up with them. And of course, we danced the night away, which was a definite must for Kris' reception. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and Brett even tolerated the dancing.

Thanks to all of you who were a part of the day. I know many of you traveled long distances to be there!

At 9:30 that evening Brett whisked me away to the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena. Then Sunday we headed down to Rocky Point, Mexico where we spent the next five days/four nights at a beautiful resort there in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom condo with a balcony view of the ocean. It was really just like in the movies! We enjoyed the seven or so pools at the resort, the beach, the town, and each other. It was the first time in my life where I was completely able to leave behind all cares and lose myself in Brett.

Below I have posted a few pictures from the honeymoon. To see more pictures of the wedding go to www.randrphotography.com/myphotos.php. Scroll down to Kristi-Lynn & Brett's Wedding. The password is "kristilynn" Enjoy the pictures!
My dad and I loading the dress into the car.
A little "congratulations" awaiting us at the Ritz Carlton on Saturday night!
A little peek at where we stayed in Mexico (don't worry that it is at least four times bigger than our quaint Manhattan studio).
A view from the balcony - you just couldn't get enough of it!
We went into town one day to shop and try out a restaurant. I couldn't miss the chance to take a picture of the woman from whom we bought some authentic pottery.
We have many a picture with what I like to call "the Brett" expression. Brett has two expressions in pictures, the classic smile and "the Brett." I can tell him to make any expression aside from a smile and this is what I get :)
So maybe I felt like a junior high schooler writing my crushes name in the sand, but part of me thought it was adorable cuz I'm just so in love!

Just hanging out in the hammocks!

We took this picture outside of the lobby right before we headed back to the States. It was bittersweet. We were sad to leave, but excited to get back and establish our own home. After all, it was just the beginning of this happily ever after.

2 comments:

The Tylkas said...

I'm so happy that you are so happy. It's so nice to get a little update on your blog and hear how things were and are. Love you lots! Tell Brett hi!

Mary Millet said...

You guys are just gorgeous! ... and awesome!